I demonstrated first to Iona what to do by printing my own veggie face.
Iona started to copy me, but then decided that a paint brush was easier to use and just turned hers into an ordinary (though quite good) picture of Smurfette.
I then used the vegetables to paint my own version of Smurfette, to give her a better idea of how it was meant to be.
After this Iona got into the swing of it a bit better and made a picture using the vegetables to print, although she forgot to do it as a portrait.
Overall, I think this could have gone a bit better, but am pleased that she did at least do a version of what I asked her to. Her painting skills are getting better all the time, and she uses the paints to make proper pictures now rather than just splodge paint. I'd like to do more work based around Arcimboldo, as I find his work amazingly modern for the 16th century, and it's such a fun, surrealist idea.