Firstly, a big thank you to Sarah, over at Pyjama School, who sent me this award. I love to read her posts about home educating her little boy, who's a similar age to Iona, and her younger daughter - it's fascinating to compare notes on their development, as well as get ideas from her.
The rules of this award are:
- Thank the person that nominated you with a link back to them.
- Tell everyone seven things about yourself.
- Pass this award on to 15 newly discovered blogs and let them know that they’ve received an award!
7 things about me:
- I studied biochemistry at Oxford University.
- My Mum was 40 when she had me (so I just beat her, as I was 41 when I had Iona).
- I worked with adults with learning disabilities for 17 years before I had my daughter.
- I have played guitar in several church and Salvation Army worship bands, 'though I'm not very good.
- I adore Christmas in all its aspects, so haven't really had time to write this blog over December.
- I'm somewhat manic depressive, although life is massively better since I went onto anti-depressants, and I really recommend them for people who think there might be a genetic component to their problems.
- I met my husband through a Christian dating website!
My 15 award-winners (though they may not be newly-discovered):
- Mama Jenn
- Housing a Forest
- Holy Spirit-led Homeschooling
- When You Rise
- Home Education at the Chicken Shed
- Ponder the Path
- Freely Educate
- Heart of the Matter
- An Ordinary Life?
- Art Projects for Kids
- The Writing Times of Ossett David
- John Ager's Home on the Web
- Unit Studies by Amanda Bennet
- Confessions of a Homeschooler
Happy New Year to all my readers, and have fun perusing some new blogs.